donderdag 9 juni 2011

Walnutpesto - walnootpesto (GF-DF-SF)


This pesto was part of the catering I told you about.
Like every pesto I make them by hand, I love to see things changing and the smell is great when using a mortar and pestle. It’s the alchemy of cooking.

The pesto is very nice on a piece of bread or cracker and when you like you can shave some parmesan on top of it. It makes the pesto more round. The walnuts are drier then pine nuts, so use enough tasty olive oil to smoothen it.
But as a quick and simple pesto for your pasta it will be great too!

Meanwhile I made a lot of new recipes from other (gluten free) bloggers. It is so inspiring, I always have to be aware that my household is small and that we don’t eat that much.
I made these great crackers from chickpea flour, they are so good! Thank you Anja!

Also I’m working a lot in the picking garden and that inspires me to go out in nature and pick all sorts of things like nettles (I made an infusion to drink, full of calcium!), elderberry flowers ( I made syrup, really yummie, recipe follows), calendula from my own small garden, strawberries (for jam).



After a long dry period we have quiet some rain lately and that’s great for my balcony zucchini:



Walnut pesto
140 g unshelled walnuts
25 g flat parsley leaves
1-2 cloves of garlic (depending on size and taste), chopped roughly
2 tbsp of capers, chopped
1,75 dl extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
parmesan if you like

Dry-roast the walnuts briefly in a frying pan. Chop them up roughly and put them in the mortar together with the garlic, some salt and the parsley leaves. Puree by hand.
Than add the capers, olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
That’s it, easy. You also can use the food processor ;)

Walnootpesto
140 g gedopte walnoten
25 g platte peterselieblaadjes
1-2 tenen knoflook, grof gehakt
2 el kappertjes
1,75 dl extra vergine olijfolie

Rooster de walnoten kort en droog in een koekenpan met dikke bodem.
Hak ze grof en vijzel ze samen met de knoflook, snufje zout en de peterselieblaadjes tot een mooie puree.
Voeg dan de kappertjes toe en al roerend de olijfolie en peper en zout naar smaak.
Snel en gemakkelijk of als je nog sneller wilt: doe alles in een keukenmachine en hup, klaar!
Dan mis je alleen de sensatie van de geurexplosie die je krijgt als je met de hand vijzelt!!

Geen opmerkingen:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...