maandag 25 juni 2012

Vanilla almond cupcakes – vanille amandel cupcakes (GF- SF)


Just before I fly to Rome, that is tomorrow!!, I’ll give you this so good recipe from Elana Amsterdam’s The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook.
It is just right, the only things I changed was the amount of agave nectar: I halved it and that was really enough for me and I use butter instead of grapeseed oil.

I am going to Rome with my son, as a present for his passed exams, so tomorrow this same time I will be enjoying an aperitivo on a small piazza in Trastevere. I have some packing to do, and some cooking of course, but then I am ready to go. For a celiac it is said not to be bad, I will find out and let you now when I am back. I found some addresses on this site. My hotel provides me a with a gluten-free breakfast and very near to my hotel there are 2 gluten-free restaurants and even a bakery!!

Ok, to the recipe now, I’ll take some for breakfast tomorrow cause we fly at 07:00 a.m.!

Vanilla almond cupcakes (9 pcs)

2 large organic eggs, separated in 2 bowls
60 ml melted butter
60 ml agave nectar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime/lemon juice
275 g blanched almond flour, fine
¼ tsp sea salt
½ tsp tartaric acid baking powder

Pre heat the oven on 175 ˚C.
Line 9 muffin cups with paper liners.

Mix in a bowl the almond flour, sea salt and baking powder an d set aside.

With a hand mixer whisk the egg yolks till pale yellow, then add butter, agave nectar, vanilla extract and lemon juice and whisk for a further 2-3 minutes.

Clean your mixing gear and dry well before you whisk the egg whites to stiff peaks with a pinch of salt. Gently fold the egg whites into the yolk mixture with a spatula.

Then add the dry ingredients and fold them in gently. The purpose of folding is to keep the mixture airy. Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin cups.

Bake the cupcakes for 20-25 minutes till the tops are golden brown and an in the middle inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Let the cupcakes cool for about 20 minutes in the mold before getting them out.
They are great!


Vanille amandel cupcakes (9 stuks)

2 grote biologische eieren, gesplitst in 2 kommen
60 ml gesmolten boter
60 ml agave nectar
1 el vanilla extract
1 el versgeperst limoen/citroensap
275 g amandelmeel, fijn
¼ tl zeezout
½ tl wijnsteenzuur bakpoeder

Verwarm de oven voor op 175 ˚C.
Doe 9 papieren vormpjes in een muffin vorm.

Meng in een kom het amandelmeel, zout en bakpoeder en zet apart.

Met een handmixer mix je de eidooiers tot ze lichtgeel zijn en dan mix je er de boter, agave nectar, vanille extract en limoen/citroensap door, ongeveer 2-3 minuten.

Was de mixhaken goed en droog ze en mix dan de eiwitten met een mespuntje zout tot stijve pieken. Vouw het eiwit met een spatel in het eidooiermengsel.
Voeg dan het meelmengsel toe en schep er voorzichtig door. De bedoeling is dat het mengsel luchtig blijft. Verdeel het beslag over de muffin cups.

Bak in het midden van de oven 20-25 minuten, tot de bovenkant goudbruin ziet en een saté prikker die je in het midden steekt er schoon uitkomt.
Laat de cupcakes 20 minuten afkoelen in de vorm en haal ze er dan pas uit.
En dan: mmm

1 opmerking:

Anoniem zei

Goede reis naar rome! Waw! Je hebt een gluten vrij ontbijt gevonden & Gluten vrij resto's & bakker! that's great news!

Jouw cupcakes van elena zijn overhéérlijk!! :) Ooh ja!
Véél plezier op reis!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...