vrijdag 17 mei 2013

Honey sweetened rhubarb raspberry syrup – honing gezoete rabarber frambozen siroop (GF-DF-SF)


Although there is a lot of cooking in my house, there is not much writing, sitting at my desk and blogging going on. Due to some serious shoulder, wrists and other joint problems I cannot do a lot at my computer.
I am also a bit out of tune, because of the cold and wet times we have here. After the long and cold winter I really need the energy of the sun now and with the lack of this vital element  my constitution is getting upset and confused, not knowing how to behave. Is it spring, or is it fall, or is the winter coming again?

Happily there are coming, slowly that is, fresh spring veggies from my organic farmer, but also on the fields and in the pots on my balcony everything is at a hold or growing just slowly,  slowly.

This week I had some rhubarb in my organic box and I just finished making a lovely rhubarb raspberry syrup or something that looks like it, inspired by the Vanilla Bean Blog. I sweetened it just a little bit after cooking.
Swirl it into some yoghurt or make a mocktail with some orange juice and sparkling water or make a spritz, the summer drink last year in Italy: Apérol with some rhubarb syrup, top with prosecco or sparkling water. Imagine the sun shining .

Rhubarb raspberry syrup (2cups)

400g fresh rhubarb
180 g frozen or fresh raspberries
2 cups of water
1 tbsp vanilla extract
3-8 tbsp honey

Clean and cut the rhubarb in small pieces.
Put all ingredients, except the honey, in a sauce pan and bring to the boil, let it simmer for 30 minutes.
Strain through a fine sieve and press the juices with a wooden spoon. Stir in honey to your taste, for me 3 tablespoons is enough, the perfect balance between the tanginess of the fruits and the sweetness of the honey.
Pour into a bottle and keep it in the fridge.

I let some yoghurt ooze out in a with cheesecloth coated sieve and mix it with the rhubarb syrup and some freshly baked granola.
  

                          

Rabarber frambozen siroop ( ½ l)

400 g verse rabarber
180 g verse of bevroren frambozen
½ l water
1 el vanille extract
3-8 el honing

Maak de rabarber schoon en snijd in kleine stukjes.
Doe alle ingrediënten, behalve de honing, in een steelpan en breng aan de kook, laat 30 minuten zachtjes sudderen.
Giet door een fijne zeef en druk met de bolle kant van een pollepel zoveel mogelijk sap eruit.
Roer de honing erdoor, ik gebruik 3 eetlepels, voor mij de perfecte balans tussen het zuur/wrange van het fruit en het zoete van de honing.
Giet in een fles en bewaar in de koelkast.

Ik laat een halve liter yoghurt uitlekken in een met kaasdoek bekleedde zeef en maak deze heerlijk verfrissende verrine met yoghurt, rabarbersiroop en versgemaakte granola.


Geen opmerkingen:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...