woensdag 12 juni 2013

Another green recipe! Cucumber and celery relish – komkommer- en groenselderij relish (GF-DF-SF-V)


So funny, this month I am only sharing green recipes, must be something in the air ;-)

This recipe came with my organic vegetable box from the Landzicht farm. It’s an easy and quick made relish, simple ingredients with maximum taste. I eat the relish on a sandwich, together with some fatty fish like mackerel or on anything which needs a tangy zing!

I keep my blog posts short, because I cannot work for more than 20 minutes at my laptop now, my aching bones won’t allow it yet. So I take good care of myself and listen to my body.

You have a favorite relish or pickle? Let me know!

Cucumber  and celery relish (1 big pot)

1 cucumber, washed and cut in brunoise
6 stalks of celery, washed, cleaned and cut in brunoise
2 tsp sea salt
½ cup white wine vinegar or rice vinegar
4 tbsp honey or agave syrup
1 tbsp fresh ginger, cut very fine
1 tbsp black mustard seed
1 tsp black peppercorns, crushed roughly

Bring vinegar, honey or agave, ginger and mustardseed to the boil. Immediately add cucumber, celery, salt and crushed peppercorns and stir together very well. Let it cook slowly for 5 minutes, than turn of the gas. Fill your (well cleaned) pot(s) with the mixture, close with a lid and let them cool upside down.
Store in the fridge, it will hold for at least 2 weeks for sure!


Komkommer-groenselderij relish (1 grote pot)

1 komkommer, in fijne brunoise
6 stengels groenselderij of bleekselder
2 tl zeezout
125ml witte wijnazijn of rijstazijn
4 el honing of agave siroop
1 el verse gember, zeer fijngesneden
1 el zwart mosterdzaad
1 tl zwarte peperkorrels, geplet

Breng azijn, honing, gember of agave en mosterdzaad aan de kook. Voeg meteen de fijngesneden komkommer en selder toe, het zout en de geplette peperkorrels. Roer goed door elkaar en laat 5 minuutjes zachtjes koken. Haal van het vuur en vul een of meerdere (goed schoongemaakte) potten met het mengsel. Zet op zijn kop en laat afkoelen. Bewaar in de koelkast, blijft zeker 2 weken goed!!

2 opmerkingen:

Anoniem zei

Yum, Linda: What a great & tasty recipe! With What do you eat it though?

I never SER to know with relishes! MMMMM!

boeddhamum zei

It's great with smoked salmon or other fish, but I eat it too as a crispy, tangy topping on a simple green salad! Enjoy and do try!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...