woensdag 18 december 2013

Golden tea


Today I like to share with you one of my favorite warming winter drinks.

The recipe is based on turmeric paste, which I have in my fridge all winter;  it’s easy to make and you can add it to any kind of milk to make golden milk, an Ayurvedic classic to help you with any joint pain and to keep your liver happy.

You’ll need:

½ cup of filtered water
¼ cup of turmeric powder

 I love this video, so check it out and make your own health supplement in a pot; it’s really easy!

With the turmeric paste I make this warming golden tea


You’ll need:

1 tsp turmeric paste
1 tsp of raw honey
1 tsp fresh ginger root, peeled and cut fine
boiling water
1 nice cup
maybe a squeeze of lemon

Boil water.
Put turmeric paste, honey and ginger in a cup and fill with boiling water, stir and sip carefully. Add lime or lemon juice if you like it ;-)
If you can, take a real break and drink your golden tea staring out of your window or towards a beautiful plant or flower and imagine the turmeric  healing your aching joints.



The paste can be added to any kind of warm milk, into a rice dish like kichadi or stir a teaspoon into yoghurt.

1 opmerking:

Anoniem zei

MMMM,...I love tutmeric too! I love this paste & this tea sings to me!

Another must make! Yummm!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...