maandag 30 december 2013

Lemon date energy bonbons (GF-DF-V-SF)


Always in search of an easy-to-make and easy-to-take snack, I created these yummy lemon date energy bonbons. Packed with dates and almonds for nutrition, flavor and natural sweetness, these bonbons stay good for weeks. Wrap them in a piece of baking paper or in a small bento box  and you have a healthy energizer with you at all times. A good start of the New Year, dear readers!! Wishing Love, Peace and Health!!

Even after 6 years on a gluten-free diet, I come into circumstances that I forget to take with me something to eat and, especially in colder times like right now, I cannot fill my empty stomach with some cold salad or an apple, as this is the only thing I can eat in Holland when I am on the road. I do need energy from time to time!
So take your food processor and pulse these babies in a few minutes:



1 cup pitted dates
1 cup raw almonds
½ cup raw cashew nuts
5 unsulphured apricots
Zest of 1 organic lemon
1-3 tbsp of lemon juice

Pulse everthing together till it forms into a ball. Add lemon juice to your own taste, start with 1 tablespoon and add more if you like it.
Take the ball out of the bowl and roll into truffle size ball or form into a rectangle log or press into a glass Pyrex mould.
Anyway, let the mixture in the fridge to rest for at least 1 hour and then cut into bars or squares or whatever form you prefer.
Also very good with a cup of tea.

And……you can add any other nut or seed or dried fruit. Be creative!!

2 opmerkingen:

Anoniem zei

Hey Linda,! I made thes etasty beauties but rolled them into a vegan semi-sweet melted chocolate bar!

They were divine! xxx

boeddhamum zei

MMM, sounds good Sophie :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...