dinsdag 11 november 2014

Gluten-free pumpkin spice muffins – glutenvrij pompoenmuffins (GF-DF)


Baking warm bread, muffins, speculaas. It's the time of year and how good is it with a warm oven in the kitchen and lovely smells pouring out of it every day. The only problem is that I cannot eat all of it, so I have to restrict myself a bit. 

I bought myself a slow-cooker and am experimenting with it too now. almost every day. I must say that I like the way things cook so far. I made a pumpkin butter from Tasty Yummies, really delightful! I made a creamy brown basmati breakfast porridge, which I will  share shortly and I even baked a gluten-free buckwheat bread in it! 

Making a good and tasty, crusty gluten-free bread is one of my goals this winter. I bought this book and I am really inspired by it. But as you know I cannot follow a recipe to the dot, so I am struggling to make my own variations and I will keep you informed!


Instead of the all-time favourite banana bread I like to bake in autumn, I made these warm flavoured pumpkin spice muffins. They are lightly sweet and rich from the spices and pumpkin puree.


You’ll need:
dry ingredients:
1 cup GF flour mix (next post more about it)
¼ cup almond flour
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp sea salt
1 heaped tsp pumpkin spices
1/3 cup of unrefined cane sugar

wet ingredients:
½ cup pumpkin puree
1 organic egg
¼ cup olive oil
1 tbsp vanilla extract
lemon zest
¼ cup + 2 tbsp rice milk or nut milk

Pre heat the oven on 350 °F or 175°C.

Mix the dry ingredients in a big bowl.
Mix the wet ingredients in a small bowl.
Pour wet into dry and mix quickly and well.
Divide over 6 mini loaf pans, or 10 paper muffin liners and bake in the middle of the oven for 40-45 minutes till done. Prick a bamboo skewer inside and when it comes out clean, they are done.
Let them cool a little if you can resist the smell!


Je hebt nodig:
droge ingrediënten:
145 g glutenvrije meelmix (meer hierover in de volgende post)
30 g amandelmeel
1 tl bakpoeder
¼ tl zeezout
1 volle tl speculaaskruiden
50 g ongeraffineerde rietsuiker

natte ingrediënten:
½ cup/125 ml pompoenpuree
1 biologisch ei
¼ cup/60 ml olijfolie
1 el vanille extract
citroenrasp
¼ cup/60 ml + 2 el rijstmelk of notenmelk

Verwarm de oven voor op 175°C.

Meng de droge ingrediënten in een grote kom.
Meng de natte ingrediënten in een kleine kom.
Giet nat in droog en roer snel en goed door elkaar.

Verdeel over 6 mini broodvormpjes of 10 muffin vormpjes en bak in het midden van de oven 40-45 minuten, totdat ze gaar zijn. Prik met een bamboeprikker in het midden en als deze er schoon uitkomt is je pompoen muffin klaar. Laat even afkoelen als je het kunt laten!


2 opmerkingen:

Anoniem zei

This sounds like a great fun book! Your pumpkin spiced muffins, Gf, look very inviting & delicious too!

mmmmmmmmmmmm! 👍

astrid zei

Gisteren gemaakt en ze waren heeeerlijk!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...